- Depression / Anxiety
- Chronic fague
- Immune disorders
- Autoimmune issues
- Mood issues
A second step you may want to try is supplementing with methylated folate, a form the body can process even with a faulty MTHFR gene. It is suggested that 3-7 mg a day will help ease symptoms if you already have them. One word of caution: doses at this level may initially cause you to feel worse before you feel better as the folate releases built-up toxins. If that happens, lower the dose until your body adjusts. Some sources that can be found at web sites such as iHerb are Solgar Folate Metafolin and Thorne 5-MTHF.
I will let you know how I do with my own methylated folate supplementation as time goes by! Hope you enjoyed this fibro thought (and recipe) today!
Black Bean Salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can BUSH'S® Black Beans, rinsed and drained*
- 1 (8 ounce) can shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes (basil, garlic, oregano flavored)
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-tel diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces Italian dressing
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno, chopped
Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate for at least 1 1/2 hours. Serve with tortilla chips.